Saturday, February 18, 2006

Haven't posted one of these in a long ass time, my apologies. Not like anyone reads these outside of Dana anyway. :p

Life has been decent lately, but its leaning more towards the less decent side. I made it through Valentine's Day alright, I pretty much just ignored it and went about it like any other day. I don't get all worked up about Valentine's Day anyway, probably because I've never had anyone to share it with, but still...and i'm sure this is a pretty widespread concensus, putting aside ONE day a year to show people you care about them is just ridiculous. You should be doing that shit all year round, people! Another similar thing I don't get is devoting one week to some sort of "greater purpose." For example, I was coming home from Long Beach on the freeway, and I saw a sign saying this past week was Child Safety Week. And I saw it and thought...shouldn't that be every single day? Are there days when we want people to practice unsafety when it comes to children? Makes no fucking sense.

I'm at work right now, so I shouldn't really be posting here, but since i'm on my hour lunch, I thought i'd sneak on and give a quick what's up. There's something else I want to talk about, two actually...but i'll save those for another time. Maybe i'll feel in the mood to post about them later tonight, but no guarantees!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cole said...

I believe the point of "Child Safety Week" and things of that ilk are to raise awareness of safety and safety issues, not to set aside a week where you're supposed to be safe with your children.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

My point still stands, you should be aware of that shit every day.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home