Thursday, June 07, 2007

So, this Sunday I’m going to be playing on a softball team for work. I haven’t played a full game of baseball/softball in years, so it should be an interesting experience. We had practice last Wednesday and I did alright. When it was my turn at bat, I made contact every time I swung, although none really got too far…but I was still happy. I still have a decent arm, I just have to make sure I don’t overthrow it while I’m out there. I’m looking forward to it, but I’m not really expecting to do too well. Either way, it should be an interesting way to spend my Sunday…much better than sitting at home all day.

Saturday I’ll be going to a wedding, which is a black tie affair, which means I’ll be wearing a tux for the second time in my life. Luckily, I think we’re only going to stay for the wedding itself, and not for the reception. I know I’m not going to enjoy myself at all at the reception, since the only people I’ll really know there are going to be too busy, plus I highly doubt I’d eat any of the food, so there’s really no point to it. Hopefully I can get off work early enough so that I don’t have to rush…if I remember right the wedding isn’t too far away, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Things with Nicole are still going really well, although I’ve been slightly frustrated lately, because we haven’t had a whole lot of time alone together in the past two weeks, but it’s not that big of a deal. Last week her daughter was sick, and this week I haven’t seen much of her because she started summer classes. I think she’s dropped the class she had on Monday/Wednesday, so hopefully this Monday things will be back to where they were. Although, she will be starting another class at the end of the month. We’ll see how it all goes, I think it’ll be fine.

I drove out to Arizona for the weekend and had a good time as usual. It was the first weekend of the new fiscal year, so I got lucky that no one took it off. We basically did what we always do, played video games for 90% of the time…which is perfectly fine with me. I brought the Halo 3 beta along with me, and it was the first (and only) time Chris had to play it, so I thought it’d be cool to head out there and show it to him. He seemed to enjoy it. He ended up buying a new HDTV after I left, so that kinda sucked, but it’ll be there when I get back out there at the end of July, so I’ll get to enjoy it too. *shakes fist*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home