Sunday, October 09, 2005

Good fucking God, can Green Day put on a good show. We (Ben, Ewa, her friend Ahn and I) saw them last year, and even though the set list was practically the same, I still had a complete blast. One of the best concerts i've ever been to. The only downside about this concert was that it was outdoors, because it was pretty chilly, and I was just wearing one shirt. Had I known it'd be outside, i'd have brought a sweatshirt or something. It wasn't unbearably cold, but it was colder than I had expected, that's for sure. The opening acts were Against Me, whom I had just seen on Conan the previous week, and Jimmy Eat World. I'm no huge Jimmy Eat World fan, but it was interesting from what little I caught. For most of their set I was waiting in line to buy a shirt, which was fine by me in the long run. After about a half hour break, Green Day finally came on, and rocked the place to the ground. The venue was a stadium like place, I don't know exactly what to classify it as, because I don't know what its normally used for. But the ground area was humongous, and the stage was pretty far away, but they had four huge monitors stretched across the stage, so it wasn't too unbearable. The show itself was incredibly awesome. Just like last time, I gladly would've stood there and listened to them play every single song they've ever recorded. I don't know if I mentioned it last year when I posted about the concert, but they do this thing where they get three people up from the audience to play along with them. Billie Joe picked out this kid that couldn't have been more than 6 years old to play his guitar. The kid said he could, so he got up on stage, and Billie Joe put the strap around the kid's shoulder, and the guitar was touching the floor, it was hilarious. Sadly, since the guitar wouldn't fit, he didn't get to play, which kinda sucked...but after the others played there song, he called the kid over and gave him his guitar, which was cool. They ended with a rendition of Queen's "We Are The Champions" followed by just Billie Joe playing "Good Riddance." Overall it was a very sweet experience, and I can't wait to see them again next time they come around.

Dana's been down for a while now (since Wednesday morning), and things have gone pretty well so far. We still get along real well, and have re-started our relationship. Since she got here, we went over to the nearby mall and picked up a bunch of applications (around 5 or 6 I think), turning in a few Friday, and a few Saturday. She was going to apply at the pet store, but according to the manager they filled all the openings (which I think was crap, but what do I know). I've got this week off, so we're gonna spend it looking at a few of the people that offered to help take her in, so hopefully things will go well with that. Her dog sheds like frickin' crazy, I have to vaccuum it up every day. Its no big deal, but its just something different than i'm used to.

Tomorrow, my cousin and his kids are coming over, so we'll have to clean up the room downstairs so its not even more crowded than it already is when they get here. Haven't done much else to talk about, so this entry ends now. Ja ne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home