Thursday, May 19, 2011

Way too many people are far too caught up on looks to ever get to know someone. I experience this on a daily basis, and am most definitely guilty of it myself from time to time. It's become more apparent to me now that i'm single again. The people I contact to try and hook up are perfectly willing to talk to me until I send a picture, and then they shut up. I know i'm not the best looking guy in the world, but i'm not some hideous, overweight, pimply chud. I understand that people have a “type,” and I do as well, but i'm at least willing to go deeper than just how people look. I know there's more underneath that, and i'm more than willing to go the extra mile to learn what all makes up a person.

I'm just sick and fucking tired of being rejected solely on how I look. It's stupid, and it's pathetic. I know that I need to make a consistent effort to get past that myself, and I will definitely be working on that. It's a personal flaw i'm not too happy about, but at least I can admit it to myself. That's at the very least a first step. It's more of a risk than I see most people taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home